Tuesday 19/02, Adam Bartoš

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri Feb 15 12:00:01 CET 2019

 Tuesday 19th February, 10:00am

 Speaker:Adam Bartoš, Charles University in Prague / IM CAS
 Title: The pseudo-arc as a Fraisse limit

 Abstract

 We will discuss how the pseudo-arc (and if time permits, the pseudo-solenoids) may be viewed as a Fraïssé limit. In 2006, Irwin and Solecki proved that the pseudo-arc is the unique chainable continuum X such that for every two continuous surjections f, g: X ? Y onto a chainable continuum Y and every ? > 0 there is a homeomorphism h: X ? X such that f is ?-close to g ? h. We call this property (projective) almost (ultra)homogeneity and consider an approximate projective Fraïssé-theoretical framework for categories of compacta. This is joint work with Wies?aw Kubi?.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .