[Settfa] Tuesday 26/02, Saeed Ghasemi

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Sat Feb 23 15:00:01 CET 2019

 Tuesday 26th February, 10:00am

 Speaker:Saeed Ghasemi, IM CAS
 Title: Generic AF-algebras

 Abstract

 I will show that there are separable AF-algebras which map onto any separable AF-algebra. This universality is one of the consequences of a result showing that the category of finite-dimensional C*-algebras and left invertible homomorphisms is a Fraisse category. With the help of Fraisse theory we can describe the Bratteli diagram of the universal (Generic) AF-algebras, which belong to a class of separable AF-algebras which resemble C(2^N) in many senses. For instance, they have no minimal projections and tensorially absorb C(2^N).

This is a joint work with Wieslaw Kubis.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .