[Settfa] Tuesday 04/05, Marek Cuth

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Apr 29 10:00:02 CEST 2021

 Tuesday 4th May, 10:30am

  Place: Zoom:
https://cesnet.zoom.us/j/93170324507?pwd=NEtINFlIUGZEQVZZMmVJOHRNNUlYQT09

 Speaker:Marek Cuth, Charles University / IM CAS
 Title: Characterization of (semi-)Eberlein compacta using retractional skeletons

 Abstract

 We provide a new characterization of (semi-)Eberlein compacta using the notion of a retractional skeleton. Using this characterization we give a new proof of the fact that continuous image of Eberlein compact is Eberlein and, generalizing this idea, we also obtain new structural results concerning continuous images of semi-Eberlein compacta in particular solving in positive a question asked by Kubis and Leiderman. This is a joint work with C. Correa and J. Somaglia (see https://arxiv.org/abs/2009.07902).

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .