[Settfa] Tuesday 26/05, Marian Fabian

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri May 22 22:00:01 CEST 2020

 Tuesday 26th May, 10:00am

  Place: IM in modra poslucharna (blue lecture hall)  + zoom

 Speaker:Marian Fabian, IM CAS
 Title: Can Pourciau's open mapping theorem be derived from Clarke's inverse mapping theorem?

 Abstract

 We discuss the possibility of deriving Pourciau's open mapping

theorem from Clarke's inverse mapping theorem. These theorems work with the

so called Clarke generalized Jacobian. In our journey, we will face several

interesting phenomena and pitfalls in the world of (just) 2 by 3 matrices.

A main and final counterexample will be based on a "corona" lemma.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .