[Settfa] Tuesday 04/02, Jakub Andruszkiewicz

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri Jan 31 20:00:01 CET 2020

 Tuesday 4th February, 10:00am

 Speaker:Jakub Andruszkiewicz, IM CAS / University of Warsaw
 Title: On some generalizations of club-like principles

 Abstract

 We will study generalizations of the ? ( the club principle ) and

of the q ( the stick principle ), including analogous principles on cardinals

other than ? 1 . We will also introduce a notion of the ¶ ( calling it the halfclub

principle ), stating that there exists an q-like almost disjoint family. This

principle is closely related to existence of some instance of the Ciesielski-Pol

compacta. It will be proved, that given appropriate variant of the ¶, we

can extend it on larger cardinals using some particular instances of the ?,

similarly to extending the ? to the ?(? 2 ), done in ”The Long Club (?)” by

Juhász, Nagy, Soukup and Szentmiklóssy. Furthermore, we will generalize

the result of Truss, namely we will prove, that some instance of the q on any

? implies min{cov(N ), cov(M )} ? ?.

(See also the attached pdf file.)

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .