[Settfa] Tuesday 26/03, Janko Bracic

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Mar 21 17:00:03 CET 2019

 Tuesday 26th March, 10:00am

 Speaker:Janko Bracic, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
 Title: Arens regularity and weakly compact operators

 Abstract

 A bilinear operator on a Banach space is said to be Arens regularif its two natural extensions to the second dual coincide. It is known

that Arens regularity is related to the weak compactness of linearoperators which are naturally related to a given bilinear operator.

In our talk we present basic facts and also some new results whichhave been published recently.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .