[Settfa] Tuesday 18/12, Eva Pernecka

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Mon Dec 17 13:00:01 CET 2018

 Tuesday 18th December, 10:00am

 Speaker:Eva Pernecka, Czech Technical University in Prague
 Title: Supports and extreme points in Lipschitz-free spaces

 Abstract
 For a complete metric space M, we prove that the finitely supported extreme points of the unit ball of the Lipschitz-free space over M are precisely the elementary molecules defined by pairs of points p,q in M such that no other point of M lies on the metric segment given by p and q. To this end, we show that the class of Lipschitz-free spaces over closed subsets of M is closed under arbitrary intersections when M has finite diameter, and that this allows a natural definition of the support of elements of the Lipschtz-free space. The talk is based on a joint work with Ramón J. Aliaga.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .