[Settfa] Tuesday 11/12, <h3>Ond?ej Kurka</h3>

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Dec 6 10:00:02 CET 2018

 Tuesday 11th December, 10:00am

 Speaker:Ond?ej Kurka
, IM CAS
 Title: On a generalization of orbit equivalence relations

 Abstract
We will introduce the notion of orbit pseudometric, a continuous version of orbit equivalence relation. Then we will generalize the theorem of Kechris and Louveau stating that the relation E_1 is not reducible to any orbit equivalence. As a consequence, we will obtain that the relation E_1 is not reducible to the relation of zero Gromov-Hausdorff distance. The talk will be based on a joint paper with Marek Cúth and Michal Doucha.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .