[Settfa] Seminar 26.4.2022 in Konirna (10:00 -- 11:30)

Wieslaw Kubis kubis at math.cas.cz
Sun Apr 24 11:46:31 CEST 2022

Dear all,

We shall have a seminar this Tuesday, details are below.

Best wishes,

Wieslaw

Speaker: Claudio Agostini (Università degli Studi di Torino)

Title: "From the (generalized) Baire space to Polish-like spaces, both
at regular and singular cardinals"

Abstract: "Classical Descriptive Set Theory has a natural generalization
that occurs when countable is replaced by uncountable: Generalized
Descriptive Set Theory. Until recently, GDST focused mainly on the study
of the generalized Baire space for regular cardinals.
In the last few years however, a new project started aimed at developing
a wider framework for GDST. The objective is to find a class of spaces
that could take the role of Polish spaces in the uncountable setting,
and then extend the known theory to more cardinals (e.g. singular ones).
In this talk, I will present some recent progress on the subject.
This is joint work with Luca Motto Ros and Philipp Schlicht."