[Proof Complexity] Postdoc in computational complexity at Imperial College London

Iddo Tzameret iddo.tzameret at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:31:00 CEST 2022

 Dear Colleagues,

This is just to let you know that I'm looking for postdocs in computational
complexity to join my group at Imperial College London. Applications are
still accepted (see below for details).

Best wishes,
--- Iddo

POSTDOC IN COMPUTATIONAL COMPLEXITY
IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTING

DURATION: one year, with a possibility for additional up to two-year
extension
START DATE: expected 2022 (flexible)
DEADLINE: applications are accepted until position is filled (all
applications submitted by end of April 2022 are expected to be considered).
Early applications encouraged.

The post of Research Associate (postdoc) is to conduct leading basic
research in computational complexity theory with an emphasis on fundamental
lower bound questions in complexity. The successful candidate will join the
complexity group at Imperial College led by Iddo Tzameret in the context of
the ERC (European Research Commission) EPRICOT project.

The post is based in the Department of Computing at Imperial College London
at the South Kensington Campus. Imperial College London, Department of
Computing is a world-leading department, one of the largest in the UK, and
is consistently ranked among the best computer science departments in
international league tables.

Apart from generous funding for equipment and travel covered by the
flagship ERC grant scheme, the position offers an exciting opportunity to
conduct internationally leading and impactful basic research in a major
computer science department at the heart of London, with many leading
research groups and other institutions nearby. We have specific close ties,
including joint seminars, etc. with the complexity groups at Oxford and
Warwick universities as part of the Complexity Network (
https://sites.google.com/view/complexitynetwork/home). The postdoc will
carry out a research programme in the area of computational complexity and
the theory of computing, and may help supervise or collaborate with other
group members and students (there are no teaching duties). For the group's
website see: https://ccag.doc.ic.ac.uk/

To apply for this position, you should have a proven strong publication
track-record in computational complexity. For instance, this may be
manifested by publications in leading theoretical computer science
conferences such as STOC, FOCS, CCC, ICALP, ITCS, LICS or in appropriate
major journals.

For further information on the project see my homepage for my research
interests and papers: www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~itzamere, or email:
iddo.tzameret at gmail.com (candidates will have freedom to pursue their own
research agenda assuming it aligns with that of the group).

HOW TO APPLY

To be considered, candidates should send their full CV
(containing a list of all publications) to iddo.tzameret at gmail.com
Formal ad:
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/ENG02078/research-associate-computational-complexity/
Informal enquiries related to the position are strongly
encouraged and should be directed to Iddo Tzameret at the above
email.

--
Professor Iddo Tzameret
Chair in Computational Complexity