[Settfa] Tuesday 01/06, Ziemowit Kostana

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Sat May 29 23:00:02 CEST 2021

 Tuesday 1st June, 10:30am

  Place: Zoom:
https://cesnet.zoom.us/j/93170324507?pwd=NEtINFlIUGZEQVZZMmVJOHRNNUlYQT09

 Speaker:Ziemowit Kostana, IM CAS / University of Warsaw
 Title: What would the rational Urysohn space and the random graph look like if they were uncountable?

 Abstract

 We apply the technology developed in the 80s by Avraham, Rubin, and Shelah, toprove that the following is consistent with ZFC: there exists an uncountable, separablemetric space X with rational distances, such that every uncountable partial 1-1 functionfrom X to X is an isometry on an uncountable subset. We prove similar results for some other classes of models, for instance graphs. In certain cases we give a (consistent) classification of constructed models.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .