[Settfa] Tuesday 21/12, Ondrej Kurka

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri Dec 17 10:00:01 CET 2021

 Tuesday 21st December, 10:00am

  Place: IM in konírna

 Speaker:Ondrej Kurka, IM CAS
 Title: Orbit pseudometrics and a universality property of the Gromov-Hausdorff distance

 Abstract

 The present talk will be a continuation of the talk "On a generalization of orbit equivalence relations" from 2018,

all important notions will be recalled nevertheless. We will show that the Gromov-Hausdorff distance of Polish metric

spaces is universal for a certain class of orbit pseudometrics. Also, we will establish a continuous version of the result

of Clemens, Gao and Kechris stating that the isometry relation is bireducible with a universal orbit equivalence relation.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .