[Settfa] Tuesday 30/06, Ivan Di Liberti

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Sat Jun 27 13:00:02 CEST 2020

 Tuesday 30th June, 10:00am

  Place: IM in konírna

 Speaker:Ivan Di Liberti, IM CAS / Masaryk University, Brno
 Title: From Stone-like dualities to syntax-semantics dualities

 Abstract

We recall the relevant features of the adjunction between locales and topological spaces. We use this two notions to
justify those of Grothendieck topos and ionad, casting the proper categorification of the above-mentioned
adjunction. Stressing on the connection between Stone-like dualities and completeness-like results for propositional
logic, we hint how the ionad-topoi adjunction is related to completeness results of infinitary logic.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .