[Settfa] Tuesday 18/02, Marzieh Forough

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri Feb 14 13:00:02 CET 2020

 Tuesday 18th February, 10:00am

 Speaker:Marzieh Forough, IM CAS
 Title: Nuclear dimension of unital extensions of Kirchberg algebras

 Abstract

 In this talk, I first discuss the notion of nuclear dimension for C*-algebras, which

is introduced by Winter and Zacharias as a noncommutative version of topological

covering dimension. To give some insight, I will explain why nuclear dimension

of C*-algebra C(X), where X is a compact Hausdorff space, is equal to covering

dimension of X.

Then, I will discuss that nuclear dimension of any unital extension of Kirchberg algebras

by stable AF-algebras is one. This is a joint work with Stuart White and his collaborators.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .