[Settfa] Tuesday 17/09, Jakub Gismatullin

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri Sep 13 21:00:01 CEST 2019

 Tuesday 17th September, 10:00am

 Speaker:Jakub Gismatullin, University of Wroclaw
 Title: On metric ultraproduct of groups

 Abstract

During my talk I will explain metric ultraproduct construction of
groups, equipped with invariant metric. Its importance to group theory became apparent recently and they are
intensively studied. I will concentrate, in this context, on simplicity and amenability. I will explain uniform
metric simplicity and (non)uniform metric amenability. Examples are: some classes of linear groups over infinite fields
which are uniformly metrically simple and Higman-Thompson groups, which are not-uniformly metric amenable and IET group.
These generalize, respectively, the previously studied notions of uniform amenability and uniform simplicity.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .