[Settfa] Tuesday 29/10, Daniel Seco

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Sat Oct 26 14:00:03 CEST 2019

 Tuesday 29th October, 10:00am

 Speaker:Daniel Seco, Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas (ICMAT), Madrid, Spain
 Title: Failure of the Wandering Subspace Property for $z^k$

 Abstract

 The Wandering Subspace Property is a celebrated property of some

 analytic function spaces for the operator of multiplication by the

 complex variable $z$. Here we study operators of multiplication by

 $z^k$ in Dirichlet-type spaces $D_\alpha$. We establish the

 existence of $k$ and $\alpha$ for which some $z^k$-invariant subspaces of

 $D_\alpha$ do not satisfy the wandering subspace property. We will

 then discuss some consequences.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .