[Settfa] Tuesday 15/10, Mehrdad Kalantar

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Oct 10 13:00:01 CEST 2019

 Tuesday 15th October, 10:00am

 Speaker:Mehrdad Kalantar, University of Houston
 Title: Representation rigidity of subgroups and C*-algebras of quasi-regular representations

 Abstract

 We introduce several equivalence relations on the set of subgroups of a countable group G, defined in terms of the quasi-regular representations, and present some rigidity results in terms of those equivalence relations for certain classes of subgroups. Furthermore, we give some results concerning the ideal structure of the C*-algebras generated by the quasi-regular representations.

This is joint work with Bachir Bekka.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .