[Settfa] Tuesday 12/03, Ondrej Kalenda

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Mar 7 19:00:03 CET 2019

 Tuesday 12th March, 10:00am

 Speaker:Ondrej Kalenda, Charles University in Prague
 Title: On coincidence of measures of weak non-compactness

 Abstract

 Recently, in a joint paper with Jan Hamhalter, Antonio Peralta and Hermann Pfitzner we proved that two standard ways of measuring weak non-compactness give the same results in preduals of von Neumann algebras and, more generally, in preduals of JBW*-triples. I will present selected results from this paper, including relationship to strongly WCG spaces and to the subsequence splitting property.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .