[Settfa] Tuesday 17/12, Miguel Monsalve

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Dec 12 14:00:02 CET 2019

 Tuesday 17th December, 11:00am

 Speaker:Miguel Monsalve, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
 Title: A theorem of Atzmon, spectral decompositions and invariant subspaces of Bishop operators

 Abstract

 In this talk, we will review several approaches based on the properties of Beurling algebras to construct invariant subspaces for linear bounded operators on a separable Banach space. These techniques began in the 50's with a well-known theorem due to Wermer and have been refined over the years by several authors such as Beauzamy or Atzmon.
Our main purpose is to extend these results to a more general framework, focusing mainly on the spectral decompositions which arise from this approach. Finally, as an application, we will identify the invariant subspaces for some Bishop operators.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .