Tuesday 09/04, Miguel Monsalve López

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Apr 4 09:00:02 CEST 2019

 Tuesday 9th April, 10:00am

 Speaker:Miguel Monsalve López, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
 Title: RECENT ADVANCES ON INVARIANT SUBSPACES OF BISHOP OPERATORS

 Abstract

 Bishop operators were proposed by E. Bishop in the fifties as a family of operators which might entail counterexamples for the Invariant Subspace Problem. Since those days, the problem of finding invariant subspaces for these operators has always been addressed through similar techniques.

In this talk, we shall present some results in this direction. Firstly, by an improvement of the arithmetical estimations we considerably enlarge the set of Bishop operators which are known to possess invariant subspaces, extending previous results by Davie, MacDonald and Flattot. Secondly, we show that when our approach fails to produce invariant subspaces it is essentially because such techniques cannot be applied anymore.

This is a joint work with F. Chamizo (Univ. Autónoma de Madrid), Eva A. Gallardo Gutiérrez (Univ. Complutense de Madrid) and A. Ubis (UAM).

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .