[Settfa] Fwd: Tuesday 06/11, Gerhard Racher

Wieslaw Kubis (CAS) kubis at math.cas.cz
Mon Nov 5 21:01:47 CET 2018

Dear Colleagues,

This is just to confirm that there is a seminar tomorrow (Tuesday,
6.11., see below for details) however the location is unusual: 3rd
floor, front building (next to the kitchen). This is because of the
``Dny otevřených dveří" in our institute.

Best regards,

Wieslaw

  Tuesday 6th November, 10:00am

  Speaker:Gerhard Racher, University of Salzburg, Austria
  Title: Some multiplier problems on groups

  Abstract
After some historical examples we show how certain compactness properties of a locally compact group, such as having
property (T) or admitting square-integrable representations, lead to  non-zero multipliers from the Fourier-Stieltjes algebra into its
C*-algebra or into . The converse remains open.

  For more information see the seminar web page at
  https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .