[Settfa] Tuesday 22/05, Marian Fabian

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri May 18 21:00:02 CEST 2018

 Tuesday 22nd May, 10:00am

 Speaker:Marian Fabian, IM CAS
 Title: On Nash-Moser-Ekeland Hard Inverse Mapping Theorem

 Abstract
We present a criterion for local surjectivity of mappings between Frechet spaces in the spirit of a well known criterion in Banach spaces formulated by M. Fabian and D. Preiss in 1987, see [FP]. As an application, we prove a hard inverse mapping theorem, of Nash-Moser type, between Frechet spaces. The technology of our proofs was strongly influenced by a recent paper of I. Ekeland [E].
The speech is based on a forthcoming joint paper by Radek Cibulka and the lecturer.