Tuesday 12/06, Vojt?ch Kova?ík

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri Jun 8 19:00:01 CEST 2018

 Tuesday 12th June, 10:00am

 Speaker:Vojt?ch Kova?ík, Charles University
 Title: Complexity and representations of F-Borel spaces

 Abstract
I will speak about two different ways of representing F-Borel sets. These representations allow us to work with higher descriptive classes without having to use transfinite induction. Using these methods, I will show the existence of spaces which attain arbitrarily many different complexities in different compactifications. I will also give a simple proof of (the result of J. Spurný) that hereditarily Lindelöf spaces have the same complexity in every compactification.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .