[Settfa] Special seminar, Thursday 30 November, 15:00

Wieslaw Kubis (CAS) kubis at math.cas.cz
Wed Nov 29 10:49:37 CET 2017

Dear All,

There will be a special seminar talk by Piotr Oprocha (AGH, Krakow &
IT4Innovations, Ostrava), 30 November, 15:00, the usual place (seminar
room Konirna, Zitna 25).

TITLE: Homeomorphisms on Cantor set and local contractions

(joint work with  J. Boronski and J. Kupka)

ABSTRACT: In this talk we will present general idea behind construction
of homeomorphisms on Cantor sets by technique of inverse limits on
combinatorial graphs developed and popularized recently by T. Shimomura.
Next, we will show how to employ this approach to obtain a homeomorphism
on Cantor set which is local contraction everywhere. This technique
generalizes example obtained first by Ciesielski and Jasinski, providing
many new classes of Cantor set homeomorphisms of different dynamical
flavor (mixing, positive entropy, etc.).