[Settfa] Tuesday 23/05, Wieslaw Kubis

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Fri May 19 20:00:02 CEST 2017

 Tuesday 23rd May, 10:00am

 Speaker:Wieslaw Kubis, IM CAS
 Title: Normed categories

 Abstract
We will present a relatively new concept in category theory: a norm on the class of morphisms, that is, a real-valued function satisfying some natural conditions. A category equipped with a norm will be called a normed category. We will present several examples and discuss the basic properties of norms, explaining our motiviations and possible applications. The aim of the talk is to convince the audience that our list of axioms of a norm is natural and applicable.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .