[Settfa] Tuesday 04/04, Ond?ej Kurka

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Mar 30 20:00:02 CEST 2017

 Tuesday 4th April, 10:00am

 Speaker:Ond?ej Kurka, IM CAS
 Title: Zippin's embedding theorem and amalgamations of classes of Banach spaces

 Abstract
In the talk, we will introduce isometric counterparts of results concerning
universality questions in separable Banach space theory and their natural
connection with descriptive set theory. Our aim is to find an isometric version
of the amalgamation theory of S. A. Argyros and P. Dodos and provide
a method how to construct small isometrically universal spaces for small
families of Banach spaces.

A partial solution was presented in a seminar talk two years ago. That solution
required the spaces in the family to have a monotone Schauder basis. In the
present talk, we will show that it is possible to drop this requirement. This is
possible due to a parameterized version of Zippin's embedding theorem of
B. Bosard and some similar results. A particular result is for example the
existence of a separable reflexive space which contains an isometric copy
of every separable super-reflexive space.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .