[Settfa] Tuesday 11/04, Marek Cuth

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Thu Apr 6 19:00:01 CEST 2017

 Tuesday 11th April, 10:00am

 Speaker:Marek Cuth, Univerzita Karlova
 Title: Finitely additive measures and complementability of Lipschitz-free spaces

 Abstract
Given a metric space M it is possible to construct a Banach space F(M) in such a way that the metric structure of M corresponds to the linear structure of F(M). This space F(M) is usually called the Lipschitz-free space over M. The study of Lipschitz-free spaces is well-motivated: for example, if we knew that F(\ell_1) is complemented in its bidual, it would solve famous open problem of whether every Banach space which is Lipschitz-isomorphic to \ell_1 is actually linearly isomorphic to \ell_1.

I will talk about our recent paper with O. Kalenda and P. Kaplicky, where we prove that F(R^n) is complemented in its bidual.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .