[Proof Complexity] Networking week and "Workshop on Highlights in Organizing and Optimizing Proof-logging Systems" May 20-24 in Copenhagen

Jakob Nordström jakob.nordstrom at cs.lth.se
Thu May 16 10:15:59 CEST 2024

Dear colleagues,

With apologies for the short notice, we would like to let you know that during the week May 20-24 (i.e., next week) we will have a quite hastily arranged networking week in Copenhagen dedicated to proof logging and certifying algorithms for combinatorial solving and optimization. This is a rapidly developing area where applied research on algorithms for real-world problems comes together with in-depth theoretical study in computational complexity theory in quite intriguing ways.

There will be a couple of longer seminars on combinatorial solving on Tuesday and Wednesday as advertised at https://jakobnordstrom.se/miao-seminars/, and on Thursday and Friday we will run the 1st International Workshop on Highlights in Organizing and Optimizing Proof-logging Systems (yielding the acronym WHOOPS, reflecting the fairly spontaneous nature of the event). The webpage https://jakobnordstrom.se/WHOOPS24/ contains more information about all of this including a schedule for the workshop.

In the (perhaps somewhat unlikely) event that you or any members of your groups would be interested and able to join on site on such short forward notice, we would be more than happy to welcome additional participants, but otherwise the intention is to stream all talks on Zoom at https://lu-se.zoom.us/j/61925271827. As for our other seminars, we are also hoping to record and post most of the presentations on the MIAO Research YouTube channel https://youtube.com/@MIAOresearch. Please feel free to share this information in any form with any colleagues who you think might be interested (except that we do not post the Zoom meeting link online).

Best regards,
Jakob Nordström

Jakob Nordström, Professor
University of Copenhagen and Lund University
Phone: +45 28 78 38 11 / +46 70 742 21 98
https://jakobnordstrom.se