[bddcml-users] Question about Multilevel BDDC solver library

Jakub Sistek sistek at math.cas.cz
Mon Oct 9 22:41:21 CEST 2017

Dear Jianrong,

thank you for you interest in BDDCML.

I would like to encourage you to start playing with and looking into the
poisson_on_cube example, which does not require any input files. The
other examples are somewhat obsolete. This example solves a Poisson
problem on a unit cube. It has three arguments - number of elements per
an edge of a cubic subdomain, number of such subdomains along an edge of
the unit cube, and the number of levels in BDDC.
For example,

mpirun -np 2 ./poisson_on_cube 4 2 2

runs the example using 2 MPI processes, with subdomains of 4x4x4
trilinear elements, using 2x2x2=8 subdomains, and 2 levels in BDDC (the
standard BDDC method with a coarse problem). The solution can be
examined from the created pvd file.

The example is newer and more self-contained than bddcml_{local, global}.

I am very interested in your application, so please, do not hesitate to
ask if needed.

Best wishes,

Jakub