[Settfa] RESCHEDULED: Seminar Tuesday 5 Mar, Rob Sullivan

David Bradley-Williams williams at math.cas.cz
Mon Mar 4 12:47:41 CET 2024

Dear all,

There is some good news: Rob has fortunately recovered enough from the
illness that caused him to miss his original flight yesterday and today
resolve travel issues to allow him to nevertheless arrive in time for
his talk as originally planned. So we are now glad to RESCHEDULE his
talk for the SAME TIME and place, tomorrow (Tuesday) morning:

>> Tuesday, 5 March 2024 - 10:00 to 11:30
>> Place: IM, konírna
>>
>> Speaker: Rob Sullivan, Universität Münster
>> Title: Generic embeddings into Fraïssé structures
>>
>> Abstract
>>
>> This project, in the writing-up stage, is work with A. Codenotti
>> (Münster), A. Panagiotopoulos (Vienna) and J.Winkel.
>>

>> Let M be a Fraïssé structure, and let A be a countably infinite
>> structure which is embeddable in M. If M has free amalgamation, then
>> there exists a Katetov embedding of A into M: an embedding such that
>> each automorphism of A extends to an automorphism of M. Is this
>> embedding "common" or "uncommon"?
>>

>> To answer this, we investigate generic embeddings of A into M. An
>> embedding of A into M is said to be generic if it lies in a comeagre
>> set inside the Polish space Emb(A, M).

Looking forward to seeing everyone that can still make it!

All the best,

David