[Settfa] Possible seminar on Fraïssé limits next Tuesday, 16:00, blue seminar room

Karen Strung strung at math.cas.cz
Mon Nov 27 22:35:10 CET 2023

Hi everyone,

Laurent Cantier, who has been part of our group for the past couple of years, will return to Prague next week. He would like to give a seminar talk, but currently a lot of people seem to be away, so I am trying to gauge interest. There are about 3 or 4 of us from the NCG&T bunch that will be around, so if he were to speak, it’d be nice to have a slightly larger audience. Here is his prospective title and abstract:

Title: Fraïssé Theory for Cuntz semigroups

Abstract: We introduce a (categorical) Fraïssé theory applied to the category of abstract Cuntz semigroups, drawing inspiration from Kubiś' approach for metric-enriched categories. Throughout the discussion, we will explore metric properties available within the Hom-sets of Cu-morphisms, including concepts like Cauchy sequences and approximate intertwinings. Lastly, we will illustrate instances of Cu-semigroups that naturally emerge as Fraïssé limits.

I’d be much obliged if you could let me know if you’re able to attend next Tuesday at 16:00 in the blue seminar room. If there is not enough interest, I will suggest we cancel the talk.

Best,
Karen