[Settfa] Tuesday 18/10, Adam Bartos

kubis at math.cas.cz kubis at math.cas.cz
Sat Oct 15 23:00:01 CEST 2022

 Tuesday 18th October, 10:00am

  Place: IM in konírna

 Speaker:Adam Bartos, IM CAS
 Title: Fraisse theory of Polish metric spaces

 Abstract

 We discuss connections between Fraïssé theory of metric structures as established by Itaï Ben Yaacov and its formulation in the language of metric-enriched categories as in the work of Wies?aw Kubi?. We focus on the concrete case of approximately (ultra)homogeneous Polish metric spaces, where we demonstrate the concepts in several examples. Moreover, we consider the generalization to generic Polish metric spaces based on the Banach–Mazur game played with embeddings of finite metric spaces. This is joint work with Christian Bargetz, Wies?aw Kubi?, and Franz Luggin very much in progress.

 For more information see the seminar web page at
 https://calendar.math.cas.cz/set-theory-and-analysis-actual .