[Settfa] Seminar 10.05.2022, 10:00

Wieslaw Kubis kubis at math.cas.cz
Sat May 7 10:21:36 CEST 2022

Dear all,

We shall have a seminar Tuesday, 10.05, 10:00 in Konirna. Details are below.

Best regards,

Wieslaw

Speaker: Agata Pilitowska (Warsaw University of Technology)

Title: Semilattice ordered algebras

Abstract: Ordered algebraic structures, particularly ordered fields,
ordered vector spaces,
ordered groups and semigroups, have a well-established tradition in
mathematics.
Special class of ordered algebras is given by semilattice ordered ones.
A semilattice ordered algebra is an algebra of the form (A,F,+), where (A,F)
is an algebra (of a given type), + is a join-semilattice operation, and
operations from
the set F distribute over the operation +.
Basic examples of such algebras are provided by additively idempotent
semirings, distributive lattices or semilattice ordered semigroups.
The main aim of my talk will provide some natural examples of
semilattice ordered algebras and their special role in some classes of
algebras.