[Proof Complexity] Proof Complexity Workshop and Summer School

Emil Jerabek jerabek at math.cas.cz
Tue Apr 18 11:13:49 CEST 2023

Dear colleagues,

Please find below a school announcement and call for papers for a related workshop.
The topics covered might be interesting for PhD students in theoretical computer science, complexity and logic.

I would be grateful for any help in spreading information about this event.

Best regards,
Ilario Bonacina

The Proof Society Workshop on Proof Theory and its Applications
13-14 July, 2023 Downtown Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

https://www.ub.edu/prooftheory/event/tps2023/

The workshop is aimed at PhDs and other professionals alike.

We call for contributed papers to be presented during the workshop either in a short talk of about 20 minutes or through a poster presentation.

Submission deadline: May 15;
Author notification: May 29.

Submissions consist of an extended abstract of at most four pages total (including references, acknowledgements, and any possible appendices). Accepted abstracts will be distributed during the event and may be posted, but will not be formally published, so we welcome work published elsewhere. Shortly we shall send out instructions on the format and method of submission.

AIMS AND SCOPE
Topics presented include. but are not limited to
   Ordinal analysis
   Applied proof theory and proof assistants
   Cut elimination
   Proof systems
   Philosophy of proof theory
   Proof theory and the foundations of mathematics
   Proof Complexity
   Reverse mathematics
   SAT solvers
   Automated theorem proving
   Types and proofs

ORGANISING COMMITTEE
    Albert Atserias
    Ilario Bonacina
    David Fernández Duque (Chair)
    Damiano Fornasiere
    Petia Guintchev
    Joost J. Joosten (Chair)
    Miguel Martins
    Tommaso Moraschini
    Sofia Santiago

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
   Bahareh Afshari
   Albert Atserias
   Matthias Baaz
   Arnold Beckmann
   Lev D. Beklemishev
   Ilario Bonacina
   David Fernández Duque (Chair)
   Balthasar Grabmayr
   Rosalie Iemhoff
   Joost Joosten (Chair)
   Antonina Kolokolova
   Cosimo Perini Brogi
   Norbert Preining
   Sofia Santiago
   Andreas Weiermann

SUMMER SCHOOL

The Proof Society Workshop on Proof Theory and its Applications is affiliated with the The Proof Society Summer School which will be held just before the workshop from 10-12 July, 2023 Downtown Barcelona

https://www.ub.edu/prooftheory/event/tps2023/

2023 Summer School and Workshop on Proof Theory and its Applications | Barcelona Group on Pure and Applied Proof Theory

THE PROOF SOCIETY
The event will be organised under the auspicies of The Proof Society whose mission statement is
   - To support the research on the notion of “proof” in its broadest sense, through a series of suitable activities;
   - To be therefore inclusive in reaching out to all scientific areas which consider “proof” as an object in their studies;
   - To enable the community to shape its future by identifying, formulating and communicating its most important goals;
   - To actively promote “proof” to increase its visibility and representation in the larger scientific community and society.

PAST EDITIONS
This year will be the lustrum edition and the four previous editions are listed below.
https://www.proofsociety.org/past/summer-school-2018/
https://www.proofsociety.org/past/summer-school-2019/
https://kgs.logic.at/madeira2021/
https://uswpt.sites.uu.nl/

CONTACT
For inquiries, please write
David Fernández-Duque <fernandez-duque at ub.edu <mailto:fernandez-duque at ub.edu>>
Joost J. Joosten <jjoosten at ub.edu <mailto:jjoosten at ub.edu>>
or any other member of the Organising Committee.