[Proof Complexity] Prague seminar today - Emil Jerabek

thapen thapen at math.cas.cz
Mon Oct 17 10:54:55 CEST 2022

Emil Jerabek will give a proof complexity talk in our logic seminar this
afternoon, at 16:00 Prague time - see the announcement below.

It will be broadcast on zoom. To join use the link
https://cesnet.zoom.us/j/472648284?pwd=ZTlxeHhqWlltR1AzZC9CTHgzZ2tRZz09
Passcode: 017107 (if required)

Speaker:Emil Jerabek, IM CAS
Title: Elementary analytic functions in VTC^0

Abstract

It is known that rational approximations of elementary analytic
functions (exp, log, trigonometric and hyperbolic functions, and their
inverse functions) are computable in the complexity class TC^0. In this
talk, we will show how to formalize their construction and basic
properties in the correspoding arithmetical theory VTC^0, working with
completions of fraction fields of models of VTC^0. As a consequence, we
will show that every countable model of VTC^0 is an exponential integer
part of a real-closed exponential field, using a recursive saturation
argument.

For more information see the seminar web page at
https://calendar.math.cas.cz/logic-seminar-actual .