[Proof Complexity] Prague seminar Monday morning - Yoriyuki Yamagata

thapen thapen at math.cas.cz
Thu May 5 10:47:38 CEST 2022

Yoriyuki Yamagata will give a proof complexity talk in our logic seminar
on Monday 25th April, at 11:00 Prague time - see the announcement below.
* Note the different time from usual *

It will be broadcast on zoom. To join use the link
https://cesnet.zoom.us/j/472648284?pwd=ZTlxeHhqWlltR1AzZC9CTHgzZ2tRZz09
Passcode: 017107 (if required)

  Speaker:Yoriyuki Yamagata, AIST
  Title: On proving consistency of equational theories in Bounded
Arithmetic

  Abstract

  We consider pure equational theories that allow substitution but
disallow induction, which we denote as PETS, based on recursive
definition of their function symbols. We show that the Bounded
Arithmetic theory S12 proves the consistency of PETS. Our approach
employs models for PETS based on approximate values resembling notions
from domain theory in Bounded Arithmetic, which may be of independent
interest.

  For more information see the seminar web page at
  https://calendar.math.cas.cz/logic-seminar-actual .