[Proof Complexity] The preprint of new paper

Азза Гайсин azza.gaysin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:44:16 CET 2022

 Dear colleagues,

The preprint of my paper "Proof complexity of CSP" (the revision of the
paper "Proof complexity of CSP on algebras with linear congruence") is
available on arxiv.org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2201.00913
Any comments are very welcome.

Best regards,
Azza Gaysin

Abstract:
The CSP (constraint satisfaction problems) is a class of problems deciding
whether there exists a homomorphism from an instance relational structure
to a target one. The CSP dichotomy is a profound result recently proved by
Zhuk (2020, J. ACM, 67) and Bulatov (2017, FOCS, 58). It establishes that
for any fixed target structure, CSP is either NP-complete or p-time
solvable. Zhuk's algorithm solves CSP in polynomial time for constraint
languages having a weak near-unanimity polymorphism.
For negative instances of p-time CSPs, it is reasonable to explore their
proof complexity. We show that the soundness of Zhuk's algorithm can be
proved in a theory of bounded arithmetic, namely in the theory V1 augmented
by three special universal algebra axioms. This implies that any
propositional proof system that simulates both Extended Resolution and a
theory that proves the three axioms admits p-size proofs of all negative
instances of a fixed p-time CSP.