[Proof Complexity] Full professorship in TCS (including complexity theory) at the University of Copenhagen

Jakob Nordstrom jakobn at kth.se
Mon Apr 6 21:52:45 CEST 2020

Dear colleagues,

I would very much appreciate your assistance in spreading the information
that the University of Copenhagen is seeking candidates for a full
professorship in Theoretical Computer Science (TCS). More specifically, we
are inviting exceptional candidates from the broad fields of algorithms,
complexity, and cryptography including privacy.

We are looking for an outstanding, experienced researcher with an
innovative mind-set and intellectual curiosity to strengthen and
complement the research profile of the Algorithms and Complexity Section,
headed by Professor Mikkel Thorup. The Algorithms and Complexity Section
is part of an exciting environment including the Basic Algorithms Research
Copenhagen (BARC) centre, joint with the IT University of Copenhagen, and
involving extensive collaborations with the Technical University of
Denmark (DTU) and Lund University on the Swedish side of the Oresund
Bridge. We aim to attract top talent from around the world to an
ambitious, creative, collaborative, and fun environment. Using the power
of mathematics, we strive to create fundamental breakthroughs in
algorithms and complexity theory, but we also have a track record of
start-ups and surprising algorithmic discoveries leading to major
industrial applications.

The University of Copenhagen was founded in 1479 and is the oldest and
largest university in Denmark. It is often ranked as the best university
in Scandinavia and consistently as one of the top places in Europe. Within
computer science, it is ranked number 1 in the European Union
(post-Brexit) by the Shanghai Ranking.

The application deadline is May 24, 2020. See
https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx/?cid=1307&departmentId=18971&ProjectId=151668
for the full announcement with more information and instructions how to
apply. Inquiries about the position can be made to Head of Section,
Professor Mikkel Thorup (mthorup at di.ku.dk; cell phone +45 2117 9123) and
Head of Department, Professor Mads Nielsen (madsn at di.ku.dk; cell phone +45
2460 0599). Of course, informal inquires to yours truly are more than
welcome as well...

Best regards,
Jakob Nordström

Jakob Nordström
Associate Professor, University of Copenhagen
Professor, Lund University
Phone: +46 70 742 21 98
http://www.csc.kth.se/~jakobn/ (webpages still in transit)