[Proof Complexity] PhD position

Emil Jerabek jerabek at math.cas.cz
Mon Sep 30 17:00:20 CEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

Since the deadline is approaching, let me remind you that there is a
PhD student position available in the Institute of Mathematics of the
Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague, funded from my grant ("Complexity
of mathematical proofs and structures"), starting from 1 January 2020.
The position is for 1 year, with possible extension to 2 years. We are
seeking candidates with background and research interest in logic,
computational or proof complexity.

The Institute of Mathematics does not have a Ph.D. programme on its
own. Applicants may enroll in the Ph.D. programme at the Charles
University in Prague, or they may study for a Ph.D. anywhere in the
world and take the position at the Institute of Mathematics as a
temporary visiting fellowship (the appointment period may be shortened
if necessary).

The deadline for applications is 15 October 2019. Feel free to ask me
about more details.

More information and the official announcement of the position can be
found at http://www.math.cas.cz/recrutements/postes.php?lang=0 .

Best regards,
Emil Jerabek