[Proof Complexity] Tenure-track positions in Copenhagen in TCS (including complexity theory)

Jakob Nordström jakobn at kth.se
Mon Nov 11 04:43:38 CET 2019

The Department of Computer Science (DIKU) at the University of Copenhagen invites applications for tenure-track positions in theoretical computer science. While the formal announcement mentions algorithms as the main area, excellent candidates in computational complexity theory are also strongly encouraged to apply.

The deadline for applications is January 5, 2020. The intended starting date is June 1, 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter.

The Algorithms and Complexity Section at DIKU, headed by Professor Mikkel Thorup, has a strong presence in premier conferences such as STOC, FOCS, and SODA. Adding to the excitement, we have the Basic Algorithms Research Copenhagen (BARC) centre (https://barc.ku.dk/) joint with the IT University of Copenhagen, and extensive collaborations with the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) and Lund University on the Swedish side of the Øresund bridge.

Our aim is to attract top talent from around the world to an ambitious, creative, collaborative, and fun environment. Using the power of mathematics, we strive to create fundamental breakthroughs in algorithmic thinking. While the focus is on theoretical research, we also have a track record of surprising algorithmic discoveries leading to major industrial applications.

In addition to algorithms, as of this year TCS at DIKU has also expanded into computational complexity theory, and we wish to make more hires in this area.

The official announcement is at https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx/?cid=1307&departmentId=18971&ProjectId=150516 . More information about DIKU can be found at https://di.ku.dk/english/ .

For inquires regarding the position, please feel free to contact Mikkel Thorup at mikkel2thorup at gmail.com, or, for questions regarding life as a complexity theorist in Copenhagen, Jakob Nordström at jn at di.ku.dk or jakobn at kth.se.

Best regards,
Jakob Nordström

Jakob Nordström, Associate Professor
University of Copenhagen and KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Phone: +46 70 742 21 98
http://www.csc.kth.se/~jakobn/