[Proof Complexity] PhD and postdoc positions

Emil Jerabek jerabek at math.cas.cz
Mon Jul 15 17:51:28 CEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

There are two positions available in the Institute of Mathematics of
the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague:

1) A PhD student position within my grant ("Complexity of mathematical
proofs and structures"), starting from 1 January 2020. The position is
for 1 year, with possible extension to 2 years. We are seeking
candidates with background and research interest in logic,
computational or proof complexity.

The Institute of Mathematics does not have a Ph.D. programme on its
own. Applicants may enroll in the Ph.D. programme at the Charles
University in Prague, or they may study for a Ph.D. anywhere in the
world and take the position at the Institute of Mathematics as a
temporary visiting fellowship (the appointment period may be shortened
if necessary).

The deadline for applications is 15 October 2019. Feel free to ask me
about more details.

2) A 2-year postdoc research position, starting from 1 January 2020.
This is an open competition (sponsored by the Academic Human Resource
Programme) where the candidate may join any research group at the
Institute of Mathematics, in particular our proof complexity group.

The deadline for applications is 15 August 2019.

More information and official announcements of both positions can be
found at http://www.math.cas.cz/recrutements/postes.php?lang=0 .

Best regards,
Emil Jerabek