[PHK_seminar] [Cohomology]Wednesday 28 Feb, Alexandra Zvonareva]

Petr Somberg somberg at karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Feb 28 12:57:52 CET 2024

This is just a gentle reminder of our seminar starting at 13.30!

     Cohomology in algebra, geometry, physics and statistics

         Wednesday, 28 February 2024 - 13:30 to 14:30

         Place: Institute of Mathematics of ASCR, Žitná 25, Praha 1, the
blue lecture  room in the rear  building +  ZOOM meeting

         Speaker: Alexandra  Zvonareva, Institute of Mathematics of ASCR

         Title: Functorial approach to rank functions

         Abstract

For a skeletally small triangulated category C Chuang and Lazarev recently
introduced the notion of a rank function on C. For simplicity, by a rank
function on C we will mean an assignment to each object of C of a
non-negative real number such that certain natural conditions hold. Such
functions are closely related to functors into simple triangulated
categories. On the other hand, to each skeletally small additive category
C one can associate its abelianisation mod-C. I will discuss the
connection between rank functions on C and translation-invariant additive
functions on mod-C. This connection allows to use the machinery of
additive functions on abelian categories to study rank functions on
triangulated categories, to classify integer rank functions in terms of
certain objects and to obtain nice decompositions. This is based on a
joint work with Teresa Conde, Mikhail Gorsky, and Frederik Marks.

We shall open  seminar room + ZOOM at 13.15 for virtual coffee
Join Zoom Meeting
https://cesnet.zoom.us/j/99598413922?pwd=YXNFbk50aVhleXhWSGtISFViLytRUT09
MeetingID:99598413922
Passcode:Galois

          For more information see the seminar web page at

          https://www.math.cas.cz/index.php/events/seminar/16

         Cohomology in algebra, geometry, physics and statistics mailing list

         phk_seminar at math.cas.cz